Through a mix of classroom and hands-on learning in the gym, this workshop focuses on:
- Developing a strong understanding of Long-term Athlete Development (LTAD) and how it relates to your athletes;
- How to break down and teach fundamental basketball concepts (including: shooting, loading, dynamic warm-ups, 1-second advantage, spacing, footwork, and error detection/correction);
- How to load a basketball skill and drill;
- Developing an effective practice plan;
- Making Ethical Decisions - a powerful six-step decision-making process for every coach and an NCCP requirement for all sports.
- Coaches working with competitive youth players in the Learn to Train stage of LTAD;
- Coaches looking to enhance their knowledge and effectiveness coaching youth;
- Coaches looking to augment their coaching knowledge by acquiring a games approach to drills and an understanding of this age group.
You would coach house league to competitive players in the Learn to Train stage of LTAD (athletes aged 8-12)