Jr. NBA Program
Basketball Alberta is pleased to welcome Jackson Parker as the official Jr. NBA Ambassador for Alberta! Jackson has been involved with basketball in our province since 2008 and is excited to continue growing the game at the grassroots level through the Jr. NBA program.
Jackson will represent the Jr. NBA Program across the province and is the person to contact if your club, organization or school is interested in learning more about it's possibilities for your aspiring players aged 5-7 years old. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Basketball Alberta is pleased to partner with Jackson and NBA Canada to bring this outstanding program to our province.
Basketball Alberta is proud to offer the Jr. NBA Program. Partnering with Canada Basketball and the NBA, Basketball Alberta will proudly offer this youth development program to teach solid fundamental skills to young players.
Visit the Jr. NBA Page (by clicking on the logo below) for complete program info and stay tuned here to BA's Website for details here in Alberta.
- Provide entry-level basketball program for young children 5 to 7 years old
- Build a community of league organizers, parents, coaches committed to minor basketball
- Provide a fun, active and healthy learning environment
- Weekly 45 minute practices for 12 weeks
- Canadian Sport 4 Life/Long Term Athlete Development compliant
- Aligned with Canada Basketball's Developmental Pathway
- Curriculum has been developed by NBA Basketball Operations and a team of experts in child development and physical literacy, and basketball fundamentals
- Games will be modified to be age-appropriate, simple and fun
Equipment & Uniform
- Program will include age-appropriate equipment (smaller basketball and lowered adjustable hoops) and modified games
- Participants will receive a size-appropriate Spalding® Rookie Gear Basketball and NBA team branded t-shirt